It was an incredible day at the World Innovation Forum. So many great ideas and stories, but here were my highlights:
1. Clayton Christianson
- How to disrupt: Go simple. Go cheap. Eat the incumbent’s lunch.
- How to move up the margin chain: Thrive on low margins.
- How to disrupt America: Underfund education and protect entitlement at all costs.
2. Tony Hsieh: the secret to business success = culture.
3. Paola Antonelli is fantastic!
- Newsfeeds inspire praying nuns
- Sperm design
- Cardboard robots capture NY pedestrian hearts
- Wedding rings made of spouse’s shoulder bone
- Technology disrupts | design soothes the transition.
4. Paddy Miller: Stealthstorming = just do it + political savvy – “good ideas”
Thank you for an awesome day @HSMAmericas! I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings.